Audition Coach, Director & Photographer
Mrs. Hoover has over 18 years of teaching experience in private voice, piano and flute lesson instruction. She also has been a general music & choral teacher in the public school sector for 7 years. Mrs. Hoover received her B.A in Vocal Music from Henderson State University in 2004 with double minors in education and theatre. Her music emphasis was in musical theater, jazz and opera. She has held license and taught in Texas and presently holds a Tennessee professional license. She studied under Denise Edds at National Park College of Hot Springs, AR and Dr. William Higgins of Henderson State University, Arkadelphia, AR.
Professionally she was Mary Magdalene for three years in “The Witness”, a professional passion play in Hot Springs, AR, and has performed in various other musicals and plays. Mindy has traveled with jazz groups and has an extensive background in backup vocals. In 2001-2004 she performed as a first soprano in the Arkansas Symphony Chorus. She has also had the opportunity to perform with various professional artists in the Christian music industry.
Mindy had a state/national level winning music program the four years she was at Centennial High School Franklin, and had a three year District Winning Music Team while teaching in Texas through the University Scholastic League. She has the ability to see the talents in her students and push them to reach more than their goals.
Outside of music, Mindy is a professional photographer specializing in theater and commercial headshots. A hobby photographer since 3rd grade, Mindy picked up the camera after leaving her last full time teaching position in 2014. During that time, her daughter started pursuing commercial acting and signed to an agency and Mindy started taking shots of her daughter for promotion. Since then, Mindy has taken thousands of images and is recommended by Nashville Talent Agencies.
In the community she spends time in local missions with her church and the nonprofit she chairs “Love the Dress TN”, which helps students find prom dresses for free or a 20.00 fee. The nonprofit helps over 400 girls annually in Middle Tennessee. Find out more at www.lovethedresstn.com. She also helps with makeup and costuming for the Starbright Players Children’s Theater in Franklin, TN.
Most importantly, Mindy is wife to Jason and mother to Sydney and Cohen Hoover, and is in music ministry with her local church.
- Setting clients up for success on the ins and outs of the industry
- Creating a rehearsal plan
- Implement a regiment for improvement
- Helping students’ minds click into musical understanding
- Creating self awareness of their skills and weaknesses
- Raising confidence in performance and in the audition
- 2007 1st Place Texas UIL Regional Music memory Team
- 2008 1st Place Texas UIL Regional Music memory Team
- 2009 1st Place Texas UIL Regional Music memory Team
- 2010 Middle TN Choir Festival: Centennial High School, Superior Rating in Sightreading, Excellence in Prepared Music
- 2010 Smoky Mountain Music Festival, 1st Place Small Group, 3rd Place Choir
- 2011 Middle TN Choir Festival: Centennial High School, Superior Rating in Sightreading, Superior in Prepared Music
- 2012 Middle TN Choir Festival: Centennial High School, Superior Rating in Sightreading, Superior in Prepared Music
- 2012 Middle Tennessee Vocal Association 27 students made regional honors choir, 8 went to state.
- 2012 Tennessee State ACDA Choral Festival, Superior Rating
- 2013 Middle TN Choir Festival: Centennial High School, Superior Rating in Sightreading, Superior in Prepared Music
- 2013 Tennessee State ACDA Choral Festival, Superior Rating
- 2013 Holiday World 1st place show Choir
- 2013 5 students made Nationals Honor Choir
- 2014 Middle TN Choir Festival: Centennial High School, Superior Rating in Sightreading, Superior in Prepared Music
- 2014 Tennessee State ACDA Choral Festival, Superior Rating
- 2014 Kentucky Kingdom 1st place Show Choir
- 2014 Chicago Windy City Choir Competition, 1st Place Medium Choir
- What are the highlights, how do I enhance them?
- What flaws need to be fixed or mended?
- What is the character/personality?
- How to fix the issues without losing the uniqueness of the individual
- Research, Research Research the music, character, story, etc.
- Create a plan to reach our goal
I love the creative mind and helping people become intune with their talents. But outside of the arts I love:
- Spending time with my husband Jason, daughter Sydney, and son Cohen as much as possible
- Camping and enjoying the outdoors: Fishing, Bow shooting, Boating, etc.
- Traveling to Festivals
- Attending Concerts, Musicals, and live theater in general
- Mission work with my family
- The beach
- Amusement parks/rollercoasters
- LOTS of reading: Fantasy, Period Literature, & Dystopian Books.